Saturday, October 22, 2005

YOU SAY...

You say you like me
But it might not be for the good reasons

You say you’re sorry
But you have no idea what you’re sorry for

You say you don’t want me to cry
But you don’t even notice when I’m sad

You say you want me to smile
But when I fake a smile you don’t even notice

You say you care about me
But you never show it

You say you’ll always be there for me
But you’re more often absent than present

You say you can hear everything
But it’s hard for me to really talk to you

You say you don’t want to hear my lies anymore
And I say I’m sorry but it’s just to protect you

You say you don’t want me to hide things from you
But you gotta understand that it’s part of me

You say you want to hear the truth
But I feel like my truth is hurting you

You say you’ll never go away
But one day, I know, you’ll want to get rid of me

You say you want to help
But you have no idea what to do

You say I can trust you
But some things are better left unsaid

You say you don’t want me to pretend to be what I’m not
But I prefer to be the woman you like me to be

You say you’d be lost without me
But it’s not true; you’d find a better friend

You say you want me to stay
But you deserve someone better than me

You say you want me to live
But it wouldn’t change much for you anyway

You say you don’t want me to die
But you’d have one thing less to care about

You say you don’t agree with the way I deal with everything
I know you’re right but you won’t understand it’s hard to change

You say you don’t like the way I harm myself everyday
And I tell you that I’m doing my best to stop

You say you want me to ask for help
And I tell you I can’t and I can deal with everything myself

You say I’m worthy
But you don’t see I’m a bad person

You say I should be the ‘real me’ with more people, including you,But I fear judgments and don’t want to lose my friends

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home